Monday, May 15, 2006


I don’t even know where to begin.

Last week was a bad, bad, week, so we are going to ignore it and pretend it didn’t actually happen. Because I am a HUGE fan of denial when necessary.

This weekend, however? Totally happened. And now ALL weekends can be like this weekend, because I am TOTALLY DONE WITH ANOTHER YEAR OF LAW SCHOOL. YAY.

I am really excited about this summer. The other weekend Kate and E and I set up the new Forman grill on the balcony, and I had gotten up and gone to the gym and I came home and made myself some food and we all just sort of sat in the sun and ate and laughed and joked, and I looked at Kate and I was like, “This is what this summer is going to be, isn’t it?” And she was like, “Yes, and it’s going to be awesome.” This was followed by drinking phenomenal mint juleps prepared by PC and watching the Kentucky Derby, (which was very cool, and I would love to see a triple crown winner, but I am still cheering for “Showing Up”, because that name is a philosophy I can get behind), seeing American Dreamz (“Dreamz with a Z”), having dinner, and drinking wine. Seriously? Best. Day. Ever. And now I can have days like that without feeling guilty for not studying!

Which brings us to this weekend, where the Peanut and I lost our minds. Friday night we went out, despite the torrential downpour, and discovered where all of the attractive people in DC apparently hang out. We didn’t drink a lot, but we didn’t get home until almost 3. Which would have been fine, except that we were getting up at 8:30 in the morning for yoga. Yeah. We went to yoga. On a Saturday morning. The plan was simple: yoga, showering, DSW (I wanted a new pair of athletic shoes), Ann Taylor (Peanut had to return a suit), and the back up to MD to go to Peanut’s salon for manicures. Simple, right?


We didn’t leave the mall for nine hours. Do you know how much damage to a credit card I can do in nine hours??? Well, I do. I can do a LOT of damage. An INCREDIBLE amount of damage. A… well, you get the point.

In all fairness, I have not shopped like that in almost two years, right when I started law school and K and I had that massive shopping spree, where I bought 2 jackets and three pairs of boots and skirts and pants. And I would totally link to that entry, but that entry is gone.*

Anyway, Peanut and I blew an incredible amount of money. And I got great stuff, but… still. And I was exhausted, and it was eight o’clock at night and we had never left the mall since yoga at nine in the morning, so we decided it was time to go home. And what did I do when I went home?

A. Relax and watch all the TV I Tivo’d during finals?
B. Cook food for the week so I wouldn’t have to eat out?
C. Clean the apartment, which was looking a little post-apocalyptic?
D. Decide that NOW would be a good time to COMPLETELY REARRANGE MY CLOSET?

Yeah. So I walk exhausted into my already messy bedroom, throw all my shopping bags on the bed, and then just take every other piece of clothing I own and throw it on the floor. It took me hours to get everything organized. HOURS. At one point I called my mother in a panic because I had just yelled at a hanger and accused it of being a drama queen. (Seriously? The hanger was SO being a drama queen.) But still. One should not yell at hangers. In fact, one should not socially interact with hangers in any meaningful way.

Summer? Thank god you’re here.

And one final note- Congratulations to E for graduating law school!

* For those of you that haven’t figured it out yet, all of the old entries are gone. I was on Diary-X, and Diary-X died. I did not back up the majority of my entries, which is all my fault and there is nothing I can do about it. I actually try not to think about the three years of writing that I lost, and just thank god that I moved here when I did.