Thursday, December 01, 2005

For The Rest Of You, It's The "Holidays". For Me? EXAMS.

Gah! I know it has been forever with the not updating. And… sorry? But this time, I am honestly just Out Of My Damn Mind busy, what with the starting the new job and the flying to Texas and the FINALS IN ONE GODDAMN WEEK. (Note: Am a little stressed.) So updating has been difficult. But here’s a quick rundown on all.

New Job: New job is wonderful, except for the fact that I began as we went whole hog right into the Evil Project From Hell, which is making everyone, and I mean everyone, in two offices run around and threaten retirement. This is something that happens occasionally, and unfortunately things involving District Courts tend to be Pains in the Ass, so I can’t blame anyone in the office. In fact, my boss bought us all pizza yesterday, so that was cool. But less time with the internet surfing. And my home computer still doesn’t have a space bar, so what do you people want from me?? :).

Texas: Love Texas, LOVE my parents’ new house, LOVE my parents’ new game room with pool table. Do NOT love my seeming complete inability to actually get the balls to go into the pockets, but this only means that I have to go there and practice much, much more. We spent a lot of time in the game room drinking and playing pool, while my father tried to convince us he was playing pool the “English” way, which appears to consist of hitting the cue ball in such a way that it leaps over the other balls and off the table, coming to an abrupt halt in carpet several feet from the table and scaring the hell out of the cats. Somehow, I think he was making this up.

Seriously, y’all? My parents bought this gorgeous house which is huge and kind of castle-y and hunting lodge-y, and it has a little lake in the backyard and this copse of pine trees and a giant screened-in porch and is awesome. And the trees are not grown in enough for werewolves to live there yet, so I am not afraid of them. And all my friends have to come to Texas with me on vacation because we could have WAY too much fun in that house.

Finals. Ha. Haha. HAHAHAHA. That? That is the sound of me completely losing my shit. Y’all, I am not ready for finals. I am not even remotely in the same zip code as ready for finals. It’s going to be an ugly two weeks.

But then… Freedom! For a month! A month that definitely involves Texas and might, if everything works out right, also involve New Orleans, which I still feel compelled to help in any way possible. And Christmas and holiday music and WaveUnfurled coming to visit and Kate and E and I planning for the Awesomest. Party. Ever. Which we will be throwing in about 4 months, and which we are planning this far in advance because honestly? You have no idea how awesome this party is or how long we have to plan for it. I promise a photo essay.

But… seriously. It was just Thanksgiving, and I avoided doing a general Thanksgiving entry. Well, ok. Maybe that’s because I was playing pool and drinking wine, but… I just have to say, I have a lot to be thankful for this year. Last years’ Thanksgiving marked the true beginning of a downward spiral that ended with me in the emergency room of another country, and I have been working to pull myself out of that for a long time. It has been an interesting road. This year, however, I am far better. I finally feel back in control, of all manner of things I had lost control over. So I am thankful for that. And for the people around me who have always been there- I am so lucky to have such great friends. And even though some of them are far- WaveUnfurled, and soon-to-be Peanut, it’s amazing what a late night phone call can do to restore sanity. (Unless, of course, it is a late night phone call in which my dreams are destroyed. But anyway). So overall I felt it wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t say something along those lines, and along the lines of Thanksgiving. So there you go.

Now, I will resume COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING PANICKING w/r/t: Exams.