Friday, December 09, 2005

Exam Update, and Looking Back...

Well. One down, two to go, and tomorrow is going to KILL me. Dead. Death, with the Failing. The good news is, Corporations was completely reasonable. I can’t think of any other word to describe it, and I also realized that I had had yet to take an exam that qualified for that term in law school. Torts was damn hard, when I read people my first question from the Con Law exam they actually burst out laughing, Contracts was ridiculous, Civ Pro… hah!. and Property? FUCK question 4. But Corporations was reasonable.

So as I fight desperately to get through 6 more days of finals and not get sick, (oh Airborne, my Airborne- seriously people, this is my new Crack, and the new crack is good), I am forgoing an actual post in lieu of a fun meme from WaveUnfurled. My year in review. Interesting how some things change, some things stay the same, and you never can predict which will be which.

A Meme:
Instructions: take the first sentence (or 2) from the first post of each month of 2005. That's your year in review.

January: Well, as anyone would expect, K and I had an absolutely crazy wonderful New Years filled with champagne, Bar We Always Go To, free alcohol, Favorite Boys From College That We Have Not Seen In Years, Really, And Did Not Expect To See, falling down, a sprinkling of drama, and all that good stuff. Right now my stomach is aching from the CONSTANT LAUGHTER of New Years Day, as four hungover girls cooked the traditional New Years Day meal, watched movies, recapped the night, then went and saw a movie and ended up at the 24 hour diner of our college days at 2 in the morning.

February: So, remember how I was really stressed out? And work was crazy and law school was busy and I was having blood pressure higher than anyone my age should ever have?

March: So I had not hung out with S in a long time. And this was sad, (and also? Not My Fault. Because work, and law school, and tired, and whhiiinnne), and we decided we needed to remedy this.

April: Ok, so I KNOW it's been forever since I updated. And I know you are probably all thinking that I am running around and drinking wine and playing kickball with my friends and just didn't feel like updating. But that is SO not true, y'all. That is not what has happened at all.

May: I am down to one final. One. Last. Final. Of my ENTIRE FIRST YEAR OF LAW SCHOOL. I have to go lie down now.

June: Dear Gravity, You win.

July: It is time. I have finally joined the Big Girl Blog World and now have moved my site to Blogger.

August: Ok, so I have always had a problem with sleeping. Namely, I've never really done it.

September: Wow. Last year it took until October for law school to make me stupid. This year? Three days, people. Three days.

October: Well, I'm back. For the last three weeks I have been in Texas, helping the Red Cross with disaster relief after the dual tragedies of hurricanes Katrina and Rita.

November: So. Everything in my life is going ok. Work is ok. School is pretty ok. Money is ok. Family is ok. Friends are ok. I? I am… not.

December: Gah! I know it has been forever with the not updating. And… sorry? But this time, I am honestly just Out Of My Damn Mind busy, what with the starting the new job and the flying to Texas and the FINALS IN ONE GODDAMN WEEK.

Well, it was one hell of a year. Can't wait to see what comes next!